Yes, a leaky faucet is definitely a big deal! Even if it seems like it's only dripping slowly, those drips can add up to many gallons of wasted water in just one month. Not only is this bad for the environment, but you're also wasting your hard-earned money as well. In addition to all of this, a leaky faucet can also indicate a more serious problem with your plumbing system.
It’s important to have any leaks fixed as soon as possible so you don't have to worry about bigger problems down the line. If left unfixed for too long, those small drips could cause serious damage and be very costly to repair. So if you have a leaky faucet, don't wait to call in a professional—make sure you get it taken care of right away!
Why Is My Faucet Leaking?
When faucets leak, one or more problems may be to blame. It’s possible that addressing one obvious issue may not completely resolve the problem, which usually means something else is contributing to it.
Common causes of a leaky faucet may include the following:
- Worn-out washers: The constant opening and closing of the valve can cause the washer to wear out over time, leading to leaks around the valve.
- Corroded valve seat: The valve seat is typically made of metal and can corrode after prolonged exposure to water, causing leaks around the spout.
- Loose parts: Screws, nuts, and other parts can become loose over time, which can lead to drips and leaks.
- Broken plumbing: If the faucet is broken or damaged, it may not be able to function properly, leading to leaks.
- High water pressure: If the water pressure in your home is too high, it can cause stress on the faucet and lead to leaks.
While you may be able to address some of these issues on your own, you should always consult with a plumber for help – especially when you can’t figure out what’s wrong. Only a professional have the experience and know-how you can rely on to properly diagnose a leaky faucet and apply the right solutions.
Call Carter Quality Plumbing, LLC for Help!
Leaky faucets in the home can be a common problem, and one that many homeowners struggle with. The sound of water dripping is incredibly annoying, and can lead to high water bills if they aren't addressed promptly.
When your faucet won’t stop leaking, you can always count on Carter Quality Plumbing, LLC for the service you need! We’ll investigate why your faucet’s leaking and have it fixed in no time!
For more information or to schedule an appointment, contact us online!