Summer is drawing to a close and fall is just around the corner. As you get back into the routines of school, sports, and other activities, consider taking a bit of time to make sure your plumbing is in good shape. The plumbers in Rock Hill, SC at Carter Quality Plumbing have six end-of-summer plumbing tips to share with you:
- Make preparations if you take last-minute vacations – Were you waiting until summer’s end to go on a trip? Before you head off on your vacation, make sure you have a neighbor check your property for signs of any plumbing problems. If you have any leaks or drips, get them fixed by plumbers in Fort Mill, SC before you leave.
- Schedule your lawn watering – It’s always best to stick to a strict lawn watering regimen. The best times to water your lawn are in the early mornings and evenings (before sundown). Avoid watering during the middle of the day. This will help your yard make it through the last blast of summer heat.
- Replace outdated equipment– Did any of your plumbing equipment wear out this summer? Now is the time to replace any old faucets, shower heads, dishwashers, or other appliances or fixtures.
- Care for shrubs and trees – If you planted any trees and shrubs this year, it’s time to check up on them. Tree and shrub growth can cause problems for plumbing, especially if roots grow into your pipes.
- Check your drains – Pay attention to what’s going into your drains. Remember that some items can cause clogs in your garbage disposal or toilet. These will lead to other unpleasant issues.
- Make doing the laundry easier – Once school starts back, you probably have more laundry. Make this household chore easier by having your washing machine inspected.
When you need help from plumbers in Rock Hill, SC, call Carter Quality Plumbing.
Carter Quality Plumbing provides plumbing and septic services for Lancaster, Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and surrounding areas of North Carolina and South Carolina. Contact us for more information!