Don’t like the way your sink looks? Dealing with a leaky faucet? Or maybe there’s some kind of sediment build-up on your showerhead?
If any of this sounds familiar to you, chances are your plumbing fixtures that are outdated. A fixture is classified as any replaceable device that is connected to your plumbing system and provides or drains water. As such, fixtures are obviously an essential part of a comfortable and functional home, yet too many homeowners wait till a problem occurs to actually upgrade their fixtures. To save money and enjoy greater plumbing efficiency, consider replacing those old, outdated plumbing fixtures before they cost you a ton of money in unnecessary repairs. Keep reading for the top reasons to install new fixtures, courtesy of our experts at Carter Quality Plumbing.
The Top 5 Reasons to Replace Your Plumbing Fixtures
- Old-Fashioned Style: If you have lived in the same home for decades, you may have fixtures that look old-fashioned, or don’t fit with your personal style. And even if you liked the fixtures in your house when you move in, there’s a good chance that your aesthetic tastes have changed in the years since. Calling for fixture upgrades can be expensive, but it’s also a great way to invest in your home’s future, and it’s especially worth it if you don’t like the way your fixtures look and are dealing with any of the issues listed below.
- Limescale Build-Up: If you live in an area with hard water, i.e. water with high mineral content, there is a good chance that a layer of sediment will build up on your faucets, sinks, and showers over time. These calcium and magnesium deposits, also known as limescale, can make your fixtures less efficient, in addition to looking faded and unsightly. Replacing fixtures with significant limescale build-up will help ensure your plumbing system functions as effectively as possible. You may also want to contact Carter Quality Plumbing for a free water analysis, in order to determine how hard your water is and whether it would be worth installing a whole-home water softener.
- Frequent Leaks or Clogs: Even small leaks can add up over time, forcing you to spend a ton of money on escalating water bills. You may think that drip-drip-dripping sound coming from your taps is not that big of a deal, but the longer you let a leak go unchecked, the greater the chance there is you will end up with accidental flooding. Similarly, if your toilet or sinks are clogged all the time, there’s also a great chance you could end up with a back-up or an overflow. To avoid extensive water damage to your property and extremely high energy bills, it’s better not to wait to replace your fixtures for too long.
- New Plumbing Needs: The plumbing needs of most households change over time, especially as families get bigger and people age. For instance, a giant shower is great for just two people, but you can only bathe a child in a sink for so long. Eventually, you may need to put in a bathtub to help your kids wash up more effectively. On the other end of the spectrum, older people often need more room in bathrooms as they get over, and may therefore want to put in additional support bars and safety equipment for assistance.
- Lack of Efficiency: The truth is that if you live in an older home, your equipment probably isn’t as energy-efficient as what you would get with modern fixtures. By installing new plumbing fixtures, your whole system may consume less water, which – once again – may lower those pesky utility bills every month.
Interested in Upgrading Your Plumbing Fixtures? Call Carter Today!
At Carter Quality Plumbing, we have everything you need when you decide your plumbing system is ready for an upgrade. Our expert plumbers can perform comprehensive bathroom remodeling, and will always provide you with attractive, energy-efficient equipment. We also offer coupons and financing options, so your replacements are as affordable as possible. Contact our skilled plumbing contractors today for a free estimate, and start enjoying fixtures designed to work better and last longer.