Plumbers nationwide have seen a spike in the number of tankless water heaters sold. A tankless water heater only heats water when you need it, eliminating the need for a hot water storage tank. But this isn’t a purchase you should make just to “keep up with the Joneses.” It’s important for you to learn more about these systems before investing in one for your home. Here’s a list of pros and cons from Carter Quality Plumbing, your plumbers in Rock Hill, SC.
- Tankless water heaters provide an endless supply of hot water. You’ll never run out of hot water again, even with houseguests.
- There’s no more bulky storage tank to deal with. This is one of the easiest ways to free up space in a pantry or laundry room.
- You’ll love the lower energy bills. Tankless water heaters are designed for efficiency, which will help you save money.
- A new tankless heater may have a better warranty than a traditional water heater. Talk to your plumbers in Rock Hill, SC to be sure about the warranty on the model you purchase.
- Tankless water heaters cost more at the time of purchase.
- It may take longer for a tankless water heater to actually heat the water than a standard system.
- If you have hard water in your home, your tankless water heater may wear out faster or require more repairs. Talk to a plumber to see if a water filtration system would help.
Would you like to learn more about tankless water heaters? Call Carter Quality Plumbing today. Our plumbers in Rock Hill, SC will help you decide if this type of system is right for your home.
Carter Quality Plumbing provides plumbing and septic services for Lancaster, Rock Hill, Fort Mill, and surrounding areas of North Carolina and South Carolina. Contact us for more information!
Like this post? You might also like: Traditional vs. Tankless Water Heaters